Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird problem with fat binary plugins and Mac Standalone builds on 2018.1

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Nabren, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Nabren

Nabren

So previously in Unity 5.6, all .bundle plugins would be built in Application.app/Contents/Plugins

In Unity 2018.1.0, 64-bit only .bundle plugins still make it to Application.app/Contents/Plugins

However, any .bundle that is a fat binary (x86_64 and i386) seems to get put in Application.app/Contents/Plugins/x86_64

Now this wouldn't even be a problem except for the fact that folder is not in the assembly search path and assemblies in that folder cannot be resolved at runtime.

Has anyone found a workaround to this issue? Some of the fat binaries we have in our project are third party plugins so i'd rather not modify the binary to strip the i386 symbols unless there is no other way.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. Nabren

Nabren

Figured out a workaround. Making changes to dirty the .bundle.meta file got it updated from serializedVersion 1 to serializedVersion 2 and these plugins now build to the right directory even if the .bundle contains a fat binary.