Search Unity

Weird problem while building game

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by aggaton, Oct 24, 2021.

1. aggaton

aggaton

Hi, I have an issue with the graphics when running the executable versus editor. In the editor everything runs beautifully with default graphics setting at ultra

However when running the executable after build everything looks crappy, branches with leaves are not detailed and flowers are mostly big blobs, though some closer looks better but still mostly blobs

How do I fix this?
    I am using build-in rp.
    I would assume it would pick up the one I set in the Graphics section in settings. However
    I see something very weird while having the graphics window open during the build, the quality setting jumps up to low quality and then down again while building!!! What is going on here?

upload_2021-10-23_18-38-22.png

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The one picked in the graphics settings as default is "Very Low" (notice the Green checkmarks). Click on the little arrows at the bottom next to "Default" and change default to Ultra, then try again.

3. aggaton

aggaton

The graphics settings all start out as ultra. I even tried turning everything off except ultra, no difference.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What am I looking at?

It seems you have a whole bunch of assets, I guess something is toggling back to very low or something?

5. aggaton

aggaton

6. aggaton

aggaton

How would I go about finding out if a particular asset is switching the build to really low quality? (I didn't even know they could do that)

7. aggaton

aggaton

You are looking at the build, where you can see the quality settings suddenly jump to really low quality. What should I look for to find out what asset is bad? I didn't know assets had that power...

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

What does that quality slider do exactly? Did you write that?

I don't use a lot of assets so I can't give you any advice on what to look for, but this isn't really vanilla Unity behaviour.

9. aggaton

aggaton

10. aggaton

aggaton

Thanks for your help, I will try and see if there is a way to detect build settings for assets. It sure is a weird behavior and super annoying.

11. kdgalla

kdgalla

12. aggaton

aggaton

It seems to be related to the spruce trees and some bushes and grasses in the Gaia Pro build-in Alpine Meadow biome that are just bad. When I replaced them everything looks fine.