Search Unity

Weird Problem: WebPlayer on IE 7 and Vista

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hgbimonti, Apr 1, 2009.

1. hgbimonti

hgbimonti

Hi!

Making some tests in machines with Windows I had a weird surprise: Unity doesn't respond to my clicks.

I tried this project we develop: http://www.ford.com.br/fordcaminhoes/transit_main.asp and trying to click nothing happens. :eek:

So, I tested the live examples in Unity Web Site. The same happened. The Island demo says "Click to interact", I click, nothing happened.

So, people, why is it happening only in Windows machines with Internet Explorer?! (I tested here in Windows Vista and IE 7. I don't know if it persists in others versions.)

I have two machines with this problem. The weirdest is that we have others machines with Windows and IE that the problem didn't happened.

Plug-in version?!

I quite sure about that, 'cause this two machines have the newest version installed.

Anyone?

Thank you.

Higor

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

I'm not sure at all myself so I'd start by:

1. Verifying (and sharing with us) the Unity Web Player version that's installed.

2. Verifying whether the various machines have similar or different security related settings.

I'll see about nudging the QA team to take a peek at this thread as I'm not aware of any general issues like this, maybe they'll have some better insight to share.

3. Samantha

Samantha

Hmm, very unusual! This is not a known issue and something we definitely need to fix. If you would be so kind as to report a bug on this issue using the bug reporter (Help->Report a Problem from inside Unity) we'll get this issue entered into our bug tracker where we will work with you to try and determine the unique attributes of the machines that aren't working.

4. hgbimonti

hgbimonti

Thank you guys for the quick response and sorry about my delay on answering you.

I reported this issue through Unity's bug report and it's ID is 175528.

Oh, and the machines configuration we have at the office are all iMacs running windows vista and IE 7. But we had people running IE7 in ordinary PCs that also reported this issue with the version 2.5 of the webplayer.

I hope I helped someway there. Any question or news you can contact me, please.

Thank you very much.

Higor

5. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

All bug reports help so thanks for that. If you included your contact information in the bug report, and questions come up, then we'll get in touch to ask about those.

Thanks again! :)