Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Weird physics2d gravity behaviour

Discussion in 'PSM' started by hjeldin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. hjeldin

hjeldin

Hi everyone.
    I'm trying to port to PSM a simple 2d runner game I've made but i'm struggling trying to understand why, despite every gravity value I set on Physics2D settings, my rigidbodies behave oddly.
    Originally I set -30 and it's working just fine on PC/mobile. On Vita I tried every value in the range from -300 to 300, but it seems that gravity is really messed up.
    So...is physics2d supported on Vita? Should I use normal 3d physix and lock the axes?

Thanks,
    Riccardo.

2. hjeldin

hjeldin

Ok, it seems reproducible by attaching an animator controller on a 2d rigidbody + sprite.
    I started afresh on a blank project, imported some pre-made animations and created a blank animation controller.
    Set one of the anims to the default one, clicked play and gravity started behaving wrong again.

I tried messing up with animators settings, it seems that disabling "Apply root motion" fixes the strange behavior.

3. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you file a bug on that (in the editor, Help menu -> Report a bug), and attach that simplified repro project you have? Then we can quickly look into the problem.
    Thanks.

4. hjeldin

hjeldin

Sure thing.
    I just uploaded the project, but no mail so far...I'll check later to give you the case number.

Thanks,
    Riccardo.

EDIT: Ok, mail just arrived. Case nr: 633932