Search Unity

Bug Weird mouse input (with locked cursor)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by LukaKotar, Sep 27, 2015.

1. unity_Vwi0V_T14m2ipw

unity_Vwi0V_T14m2ipw

I am still facing the same issues - no resolution?

2. grobonom

grobonom

i've been told it would be solver in 2019.3 suposedly released in january ^^

3. grobonom

grobonom

The bug is still present in 2019.3.0f6....

Is there someone working on this really annoying bug ? of will linux target is planned to let die just like webgl for uselessness ?

i mean.... 5 years for solving a bug involving 5 lines of code.....
    errrr i can imagine how devs can be slow but this converges to 'nevermindness' :p

Please could anyone well minded and honest remove this lying "FIXED" in the title ? :mad:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  4. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

Hi, I added this to the title because the bug was indeed fixed. Similar issues appeared shortly after, one where all mouse inputs were delayed, and later one where some mouse movements were skipped. I never removed the word "FIXED" from the title, because I don't think it's the same bug as I described in the original post.
    Right now, I think the mouse input in the editor works fine (at least for me), but if you feel otherwise, you should create a new thread and/or submit a bug report to get it resolved.

5. grobonom

grobonom

Hi @LukaKotar

first of all i have to apology for beeing angry on this long lasting bug.
    Yes this bug is fixed and i'd like to explain why it was not for me:

I thought it came from unity but it doesn't.
    My only way till now to have a linux is to run a debian 10 on vmware from a windows 7.
    After hours ( days ) of searching on the net, i finally found the way to make all works :)

With vmware ( and also with virtualbox ) a similar bug still appears.
    I started to setup a dev chain on linux for grabbing the mouse pos in an library and send it to unity through a DLL load.
    It started to work in an interresting and promising way and then i found by chance a topic on the web talking about mouse and vmware:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions...oes-not-work-on-ubuntu-12-04-in-wmware-player

I set up this flag in the vmware setup file, restarted my debian, ran my buggy mouse unity app and magic !!!!!

the mouse behaved perfectly !

I gonna try out on a real debian today ( without vmware ) to confirm this, but for now i can say a unity app compiled towards linux, running on a linux under vmware f*cks up mouse cursor position :)

Again i come ashamed with my apologies and wish you a nice day :)

Happy unitying !

6. Sneirox

Sneirox

Cursor still move even in Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked in version 2021

7. Koke_Cacao

Koke_Cacao

I am on Ubuntu 18.04 running unity 2020.3.2f1. The bug still exists!

8. deus0

deus0

Hey guys, I updated and read the logs for Unity 2021.1f1 (and above) that weird cursor bug that plagues us for several years was finally fixed. Bad news is, when moving from 2020.3 LTS i got memory issues, where running my game in editor 3 times would use 25GB of ram. So I had to switch back to LTS and just use '
    #if UNITY_EDITOR
    controller.lockState = (int)UnityEngine.CursorLockMode.None;
    #else
    controller.lockState = (int)UnityEngine.CursorLockMode.Locked;
    #endif'
    In my code again...

9. ficcdaf

ficcdaf

Still getting this bug in 2020.3.14f1... ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed yet. I'm pretty annoyed.

pragmascript likes this.
  10. deus0

deus0

Yo, I posted above it was fixed in 2021, but unfortunately unity stopped support ECS in that version, so anyone like me using Linux and ECS is cursed until further notice from Unity.