Search Unity

Weird issues with the editor windows and UI

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EternalMerodach, Jan 13, 2021.

1. EternalMerodach

EternalMerodach

So, I have been bothered by a few weird issues with the editor for quite some time, since version 2019.4, until now on version 2020.2. Sometimes I get different results, but these are the ones that always happen.

When I open the Editor for the first time every day, the update window loads all black and if I try to do anything in the editor, a lot of errors popup in the console I most of the UI won't work. The errors are not always the same. (sorry forgot to take a screenshot today before creating this post).

Sometimes I even get a message telling me the layout is corrupted and doesn't matter if a choose to load the default layout or reset to factory, it will just repeat the message.

Then I close the editor, or click quit if the layout is corrupted, open the editor again and everything "works fine again".

When the editor opens "fine", two Unity windows are shown, but only one can be focused. Like this:

upload_2021-1-12_23-34-13.png

Usually I can work with the editor for a few hours, but it may randomly (could never find a pattern) start to glitch, shooting all kinds of errors in the console (the erros are not always the same, but usually are in one of the UI source files). After that I have to restart Unity, because it is never able to recover.

I followed some other posts telling to delete the layouts folder and start over (it indeed deleted all of them and I got to restore the factory ones). But it did not work.

Even on new projects, like the one on the screenshot get these errors (I have changed the layout after being able to open the editor, so it is bit different from the default).

I thought these issues would go away by themselves after the updates, but does not seem so anymore.

Anyone have any ideas of what may be happening? And how could I fix it?