Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird issue when trying to create humanoid avatar

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Polydox, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Polydox

Polydox

So I've been having a hell of a time trying to create and avatar and I'm not sure why. I'm importing a FBX from Maya. The rig and all constraints have been removed. It will auto configure fine. Being in proper t-pose or not has not made a difference. Mesh still moves with joints in Maya. Some odd things I notice when comparing mine to a test avatar that came with the character controller I imported is there seems to be these phantom joints going from the characters feet to eyes (shown in picture, which I feel is the problem). If I select these "joints" it just highlights the root of the whole character. When I try and move the joints in configuration the model does not follow. Ive imported a test animation made from this rig and it works on the default test avatar but not on my avatar. Also in muscle mode the character will just remain in t pose.

I have also tried re exporting the test avatar that came with the character controller and i end up with the same issue. so I'm at a loss for what is exactly happening.

Attached Files: