Search Unity

Weird image glitch Using Google VR with Universal Rendering Pipeline

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by zxcvb7653, Nov 4, 2019.

1. zxcvb7653

zxcvb7653

Thread on github: https://github.com/googlevr/gvr-unity-sdk/issues/1065

Using:
    Google VR package
    VFX Graph
    Unity 2019.3

There is a weird glitch that distorts the image of the app when it's built with the Universal Rendering Pipeline.

So if you look at the images below.
    There are a lot of artefacts when building to android using both Vulkan and OpenGLES3 if I use Single-pass rendering mode for VR.

I have tried Building only Vulkan or only OpenGLES3 they both result in artefact with Single-pass.

Vulkan with Single-Pass

Multi-pass with OpenGLES3. (OpenGLES3 doesn't seem to work with VFX graph on android, I have tried a build without VR and it will still cause Artefacts)

The correct scene view: The fix for the artefacts is to use Multi-pass with Vulkan, but then it would no longer be stereoscopic VR

But if I using single-pass it wouldn't let me use Vulkan Graphics API for VR.

So I am in a catch 22 situation. Please, can any provide a suitable solution that will allow me to render in stereoscopic view and in Vulkan?

This is on iphone6 plus

Note that I could build on iOS fine using Unity 2019 with LWRP but then I wouldn't be able to use Volume post-processing

2. Alvarden

Alvarden

Yeah, that problem still persist even with the lastest version of Unity. Let's hope that either they enable support on the URP itself soon or the bug is fixed in the new Cardboard SDK.

3. Spikmun

Spikmun

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the same issue using 2019.2.12f1 and Google VR 1.18.4 . Multi Pass only renders one eye whilst single pass works for both eyes but has a strange effect across them similar to the pictures above.