Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Weird glitch at end of animation, how do I fix this?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by cyanspark, Oct 22, 2022.

1. cyanspark

cyanspark

Sorry i'm having trouble with a mech figure that is mismatched from side-view: it jumps at start and end of the loop.
    Do I have to bezier smooth spline the keyframes or something? What is the best free program to fix this, Blender or Unity? Is it complicated? I am completely lost as I have never animated anything.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. BrightBit

BrightBit

My guess is that you defined the start and end frames wrong for your walk animation. However, you should also be able to fix that by checking the "Add Loop Frame" in the corresponding animation clip:
    loop_frame.PNG

3. cyanspark

cyanspark

Thanks for your suggestions. I had to switch to legacy mode to find that option, and when I was in legacy mode every animation stopped running in play mode. I am confused.

4. BrightBit

BrightBit

Sorry, I thought the settings would be the same for Humanoid or Generic animation types.

In non-legacy modes you should have the following options for individual animation clips:

LoopTime.PNG

5. cyanspark

cyanspark

6. BrightBit

BrightBit

Depending on your Unity version, you should also have that option. However, I now imported that model myself and unfortunately the issue is even worse. The mech animation contains so called root motion, so the loop pose option won't help here.

You can make the walk animation work by adjusting it so that it starts at -1. That won't work for the run animation, though. As far as I can tell in this case you would have to open the file in a 3d program and correct the animation manually.

MechHelp.PNG