Search Unity

Weird FBX animation problem

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mehd, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Mehd

Mehd

Hey,

When exporting an animated character to Unity (from Blender) I get (not always) a very weird behaviour of the animation.

Has anyone encountered this ? Could you please explain how to get rid of this ?
    The animation in blender is fine, and if I use the .blend in Unity, it runs perfectly (though I tend to run into other issues if I use the .blend file). What's wrong with .fbx export ?

Thanks !

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I've not seen this - except from devs using blender. You might find some good suggestions by reviewing archived (animation forum) topics. This has come up before but I can't remember the solution.
    Did you enforce Tpose before/after confirming humanoid bones are mapped correctly?
    Might be something to check.

By chance - are there twist bones in the rig, even if they are not mapped to humanoid bones, might be causing issues in Unity.

3. Mehd

Mehd

Hey, thanks for answering.
    The bones are indeed mapped correctly. Muscles are also functionning.
    Enforcing T-pose do not seem to have any effect.

Well, and lastly, for the twist bones the only thing I see that could have been a problem are the pole targets, but they are far from the knee, which prevents them from causing any harm.

I'll try to look in the forum. ;)

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

In Max there is an option in fbx export to convert deforming dummies (pole targets) to bones. Does blender have the same fbx export option? Maybe turned on?
    Also in Max a great test to perform before importing into Unity is to reimport the fbx back into Max. The results are 99% exactly what the results will be in Unity.
    If results are great when importing the fbx back into blender, chances are the problem resides with the setup in Unity.