Search Unity

Weird camera behavior

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bigkahuna, Nov 28, 2007.

1. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I've got a character with ragdoll physics that suddenly started behaving very weird. I was adjusting the physics on the joints when suddenly it now won't appear in any camera (editor or in game) if the camera is closer than 5 Unity units away. Near clip plane is set to .3 (and I've tried setting it to less than this) and it only happens when the game is in "play". Any ideas how to fix this?

2. Obscurity

Obscurity

This might be something you've already checked, but could it be because the character or skeleton's axis is being clipped and Unity is clipping the whole character when that happens? Not sure how you would fix that since I'm new to Unity, but a couple of engines I've dealt with do that based on a radius out from the axis. If the axis isn't centered and/or the radius is too small then weird clipping occurs.

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Hmmm... Interesting, but I'm not sure how that would translate into Unity. I'm still experimenting with this and it seems that if I scale the ragdoll up (larger) the distance this happens becomes further. Also, it seems to be sensitive to camera angle. This is really a hassle since this particular scene is otherwise finished... :(