Search Unity

Weird bugs with the new offsets?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by LazloBonin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

I'm using the new offsets on one of my character animation tracks and they transform / matrix manipulations seem flat out bugged, but maybe I just don't understand them at all?

Setup:
    • Unity 2018.3.0b10
    • In Edit mode
    • Character ("Agent") starts at identity transform
    • Character animator has no controller and root motion disabled (for testing)
    • Playable Director starts at identity transform
    • Animation track is set to use Transform offsets
    • Animation clip has no offset
    Here's what happens when I move the track offsets:
    • The position gizmo does not follow the actual position offset
    • The position offset seems to be applied after the rotation offset? Which is very counter intuitive if it's not a bug... The matrix operation order feels like should be inverted
    • The rotation offset applies values twice too big? For example, rotating by 90 degrees actually does a full 180 spin, and 180 brings it back to the original rotation.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Are the new offsets documented anywhere?

Video:

2. LazloBonin

LazloBonin

Alright, I think I understood the cause.
    The transform hierarchy under the object had an additional child before the hip bone. (A child of the root object, a parent of the hip bone). Removing it fixed the issue. I'm unsure why that wouldn't cause a problem in the normal animator controllers but would in Timeline, but for now I'm good!

pango likes this.