Search Unity

Weird behaviour of input boxes in Linux player

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Furai, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Furai

Furai

Hello,

First of all I don't know if it's the right place to post this but here we go.

When I get one of our games built and I run it on linux machine (latest Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit, 4.17.8 kernel) I get some unexpected behaviour of some input boxes.

When I press the shift/control/alt modifier keys without any actual letter - some weird characters get written in the box. Only few inputs don't suffer from that, no idea why.

Also I'm using Colemak keyboard (it should also affect Greek layout for accents) layout that support key combinations like: altgr+t e (first key combination creates accent letter and 2nd combines it with desired letter). That seems to not work in any input at all.

I'd appreciate any help with that.

Cheers,
    Furai

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

We already fixed this internally and will try to fix it in 2018.2 soon. Sorry.

Furai likes this.
  3. Furai

Furai

Ok, thank you for the info. Waiting patiently for new release then. Please let me know when the fix makes it to the public builds.

4. Furai

Furai

There was another Unity version released but this issue hasn't been fixed yet, right?

5. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Correct and still sorry :(

6. Furai

Furai

No need to be sorry. I see it's fixed in 2018.3 beta. Found it in changelog. Will that get backported to 2018.2?

7. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Yes, it will. Is scheduled but responsible folks have not gotten around to it just yet.