Search Unity

Question Weird artifacts/issue while baking big location in unity

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by v0van4ik, Dec 22, 2022.

1. v0van4ik

v0van4ik

UPD:Solved! It was all due to low directional samples and (probably) because I was not using an A-trous filtering? but here is the result! Hopefully this will help someone in the future with similliar issue! fixed.png Hello! Im having difficulties with light baking!
    I have a big, static map (made with probuilder) with mixed lights and if I try to bake it, it gives me those weird artifacts/bleeds no matter what. I do have generated UV for objects, I tried upscaling or tweaking different parameters but it all wont help. Any fixes about it? I was trying to google it or find a proper solution, but never saw something like this before.
    Lower I attached the whole map overview (yes its kinda big and without baked lights it might perform awful)
    and the issue itself (weird "dots" of lights instead of smooth and accurate lights, they may appear even on the dark parts of the map with no lights at all) fresn.png artic.png lmap.png overlap.png

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

In general, for "final" bakes you would want to turn filtering off and bump up the sample values until you get clean results (that might easily turn this into an overnight bake).