Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Weird agent behavior after upgrading from Unity 2021.3.26 to 2022.3.2

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Athasiop, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Athasiop

Athasiop

Hello everyone,
    I just upgraded to the new unity version. I have been using the component based navmesh package when it was experimental. I see that now it is used as the official navigation package. After upgrading to the new version my agents seem to stutter on movement. Some teleporting and others constantly going back and forth while moving really slowly to the target. I created a simple gameobject that has a navmesh agent, a kinematic rigidbody and a script that just sets the destination of the agent on Start() to (0,0,0). You can see the settings I'm using on the images below.

agent settings.png navmesh bottom.png navmesh top.png

With the above setup the agent seems to have stutter while moving and at some point this happens(note that it has not reached the destination when this happens and the issue shown in the gif doesn't happen consistently, the stutter is consistent though).
    agent-video.gif

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is it because I was using the experimental version of navmesh components? If so, where could I find the files I need to clear for the new version to work? Does it look like a bug or have I misconfigured something?

2. REDvsGREEN

REDvsGREEN

Have you tried unfreezing the rigidbody or removing it completely as a test?