Search Unity

weird 9 slice behavior

Discussion in '2D' started by WelchCompositions, Mar 29, 2017.

1. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

I've been trying to 9 slice a button and no matter what I move the borders to I get really weird results. I'm testing in a new scene with a screen overlay canvas and no transform changes on the canvas or the image.

upload_2017-3-29_12-48-25.png

Attached Files:

2. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

Not that it should make a difference but I centered the button within the canvas and still poor results. Obvious scaling on edges when no scaling should happen. I'm on unity 5.5.1
    upload_2017-3-29_13-2-55.png

3. WelchCompositions

WelchCompositions

I tried going to 5.6 beta and still same behavior. Here is a blank project with a test scene showing odd behavior

Attached Files:

4. pedro_oliveira

pedro_oliveira

Hello,

I am not sure if it will work the same for you but here's what I've done:
    1. Reset Sprite Import Settings for the Button
    2. Set Sprite Mode = Single, Pixels Per Unit = 1, Mesh Type = Full Rect (thou it worked fine with Tight), Filter Mode = Bilinear, Max Size = 2048 (no overrides). And removed Advanced » Generate Mip Map
    3. On the Scene, reseted the Image, changed Source Image back to Button, Image Type = Sliced and Fill Center checked.
    4. Reset Canvas, changed Canvas Scaler to Scale With Screen Size at 1920x1080 and Reference Pixels Per Unit = 1.
    I also added an Aspect Ratio Fitter script to the Button to play around but I think it works well without it. I also made some changes because the borders were to strong for me (the Reference Pixel Per Unit). But at 100, it just looks wider.

You can see the screenshot I took.
    Hope it helps somehow.

Kind regards,
    Pedro

Attached Files: