Search Unity

WebView on Windows Store and Windows Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kit, Jul 31, 2014.

1. kit

kit

Hi

Please tell me how to embed the WebView with special address to Unity3d application for Windows Store and Windows Phone

Thanks

2. Temujiing

Temujiing

3. kit

kit

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

What exactly your issue is?
    In order to use WebView you most certainly need XAML. Which version of Unity do you use? We've dropped D3D support since 4.5.
    You certainly can mix Unity and XAML. There are certain rules and limitations, but in general it works fine.

5. kit

kit

Hi!

At first, thank you a lot for your feedback

>>>What exactly your issue is?
    I just want to show web content (html page) on the Windows Store Unity3d application and Windows Phone device

>>>Which version of Unity do you use?

>>>You certainly can mix Unity and XAML. There are certain rules and limitations, but in general it works fine.

Thanks, I still trying to implement this. I'll post here when I finish with this task :)

6. kit

kit

So, even now I cannot find a way to create WebView over the Unity3d screen. Is there any solution ?

7. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

What exactly are you doing? Have you tried putting various XAML controls on your page? Are they visible?

8. kit

kit

>>>What exactly are you doing?
    Try to create WebView without xaml files.

>>>Have you tried putting various XAML controls on your page? Are they visible?
    I want to add WebView control on pages by next step:
    - Create plugin for Windows Phone. In this plugin I want to create WebView, not using xaml. Pass to this WebView url. Handle all events from WebView in this plugin.

So, for now, I cannot find the code for creating WebView without xaml files

9. source_transformer

source_transformer

I got this working without creating xaml files - but I don't think I'm allowed to post code I wrote at work.

The basic gist of my approach was to programmatically instantiate a
    Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Primitives.Popup and add a
    Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.WebView control to it. Then use the WebView.Navigate(..) method to get the WebView to render an arbitrary web page.

The only thing I found a little surprising was that I did end up having to explicitly specify the height and width of the WebView using the WebView.Height and WebView.Width properties (the PopUp should inherit/use the sizes of its contained control/child).

10. hrjunker

hrjunker

Hi

I am also trying to acheive this, did you solve it yet @kit ?

@source_transformer could you maybe share a bit more information about it, like how do you instatiate the Popup and add the webview to it? Is it done in a seperate thread?

11. source-transformer

source-transformer

Have you tried this and are getting errors/exceptions?

Just use the classes I cited above for WS 8.1 (there are equivalent ones for WP 8.0 - WebBrowser for example) and you can either use the Unity method for getting onto the UI thread (http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/windowsstore-appcallbacks.html or UnityEngine.WSA.Application.TryInvokeOnUIThread(..)) or use the Windows Store way (Windows.ApplicationModel.Core.CoreApplication.MainView.CoreWindow.Dispatcher) or the Windows Phone way (System.Windows.Deployment.Current).

I'd recommend posting the issues you're having with getting this working - perhaps with a code snippet.

12. kit

kit

Hi @hrlarsen ,

Nope, we implemented his window by adding custom unity3d UI. And processed all events like in html page. So this is not a solution at all :)

13. icodes-studio

icodes-studio