Search Unity

WebRequest and TLS

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by Megadeth64, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Megadeth64

Megadeth64

So I ran into yet another WWW problem this week and it got me thinking about whether it would be fixed in the new WebRequest. Our PCI Compliance company is a bit ahead of the curve and they have required us to drop TLS 1.0 from our server. (The actual deadline for having it removed isn't until next year)

I first noticed the problem on Windows Standalone builds when using https. (I haven't actually tested mac standalone). Our iPad app is getting through just fine with the same calls though. So I figure Unity is using some internal iOS libraries which have already been updated.

Anyway, I was wondering if there will be support for the newer versions of TLS in the WebRequest or if maybe I'm just not understanding how this works. Is there some library that I could upgrade that would fix the issue on Windows, or does it always use TLS 1.0 for Win? If it doesn't make it in it won't be the biggest deal. We can just separate our game server so it doesn't have to be in compliance anymore.

Either way, I'm liking the new WebRequest so far.

2. Justinas

Justinas

Unity Technologies

Thank you. I like WebRequest, too. :)

I will investigate how we can add TLSv1.2 support to WebRequest; I am fairly sure that we can do that, albeit I cannot set the ETA in stone.

Stay tuned!

3. Megadeth64

Megadeth64

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it will be easy to incorporate.