Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WebPlayer Freezes on "Postprocessing"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RTSlang, Sep 14, 2015.

1. RTSlang

RTSlang

WebPlayer Freezes on "Postprocessing" and WebGL freezes when python.exe runs

I have repeatedly tried to build a game in webplayer but it just freezes at postprocessing phase after LZMA compression and webgl hangs at python.exe launch stage. This game uses all 2d textures for the animations and a lot of them are multi-frame 2k res animations. I'm thinking it's a compression issue. I have left the computer overnight to no avail. The game is able to build fine in standalone PC. My clients, however, are on Mac and like webplayer.

Does webplayer have a texture size limit that is causing the hang or could it be compressing each image individually - incredibly slowly? I'm at a loss at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben-BearFish likes this.
  2. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

I seem to be running into the same issue. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?

3. RTSlang

RTSlang

Yeah after a few rounds with Unity support it tuns our that the encoding is SO FREAKING SLOW. Like you will shave a few times before it's done slow. Also webplayer has insanely small limits.

Ben-BearFish likes this.
  4. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

Yep, that's what it ended up being.

RTSlang likes this.