Search Unity

Webpage viewer trouble

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by grobonom, Jun 21, 2020.

1. grobonom

grobonom

Hi all :)

It looks like a DogOfWar pathway to have a webpage shown on a texture in unity3D.

Of course this is a basic feature that should be included since now 10 years, but U3D team prefers add packages like universal procedural pizza generator, than basic mandatory things...
    well...

It appears many users tried to makje their own webpage displayer, and none are efficient.
    Some work only on windows, some other only on ios, and some other don't work on any platform.

Of course there are those sold at LOL price on the store, without any guarantee.

Nevertheless, i found 2 interresting user works.
    - PowerUI2
    - simplewebbrowser

- PowerUI2 is interresting as it's totally standalone. Unfortunately, apart displaying the www.google.fr page with ugly visual artifact, i found no page on the web that it was able to display without an editor crash )
    Therefore, it is sh*t

- simplewebbrowser is the only one that works in editor.
    It claims to work on targets like win, linux, ios, android...

This is the package that am interrested in for now.

* I compiled the demo to windows .exe and it works like a charm.
    * I compiled the demo to linux runnable and it opens the app but shows nothing ( searching infinitely for libkernel32.so )
    * i tried to compile the demo to android and it refuses to make an apk with errors....

Did anyone use this package ?
    if yes, did you target multiple platforms ?
    if yes, did it compile ?
    if yes, did it work properly on target platforms ?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Happy unitying !

EDIT: my bad !
    This project seems dead as all other projects concerning webpage display in unity... :(

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020