Search Unity

Video WebM VP8 Alpha Video on Android is not working when playing from streaming assets

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by amaceikaCortina, Aug 30, 2019.

1. amaceikaCortina

amaceikaCortina

HI,
    So I am having troubles playing WebM vp8 video's with an alpha channel on Android. I can not use the trans-code method since I need to download the video's from an external source. So is there any way to play alpha transparent video's on android? Or can anyone point in the right direction of how to do Alpha video play back on Android with the standard Video Player?

2. J_Xiaopi

J_Xiaopi

upload_2019-8-30_14-14-48.png

You need to do this

aaron-beauchamp likes this.
  3. amaceikaCortina

amaceikaCortina

I can not do that. As stated above I can not use the transcode method since these video's do not live in the app itself. They will be downloaded from an external source.

4. jrrathod7

jrrathod7

Have you got any solution for this problem? Because i am facing same problem. If you solved this problem please help me.

5. blabberbytes

blabberbytes

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  6. sinjimonkey

sinjimonkey

I too have this problem.

I had it working in Unity 2018 (on a live published app) but I"m upgrading the architecture to 2019 and it's not working.

7. BudsofBuds

BudsofBuds

I got it working somehow part of the time in 2019 but now it's not working in 2020 again. This is a really frustrating issue.

8. saifshk17

saifshk17

you guys got it fixed? I am having black border when I use render texture for video that is webm.