Search Unity

Webhooks integration data

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by Battenberg-Software, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Battenberg-Software

Battenberg-Software

I've just set up a webhook integration for receiving cloud diagnostics crashes and exceptions for one of my projects. It's working great - the data is posted to the URL when an exception occurs as expected.

However I only receive a minimal amount of data: the exception message, the stack trace, the last seen date, the message type and the project version. If I go into the services dashboard there is a lot more information about the exception under the metadata tab (including my own custom metadata) that I would like to see.

Since integrations are designed so that we don't have to keep checking services manually, would it be possible to send all this metadata through via the webhook?

Novack likes this.
  2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback. Multiple customers have requested this feature. We're actively looking into it.

Novack likes this.
  3. Battenberg-Software

Battenberg-Software

That's great, thanks for the reply. The custom metadata in particular would be really helpful for us so we can use it to automatically categorize the exceptions ourselves - e.g. which area of the game the they occurred in.

Novack likes this.
  4. NealZhangAofL

NealZhangAofL

@Battenberg-Software could you share your method how to do daily update for yesterday all single crash log?

We try to get about 10k crashes per day from Unity Crash using webhooks. But it keeps failing. Data Engineer said it can not crawl more than 3 days data or so. I am wondering how you did yours and make it run smoothly.

5. NealZhangAofL

NealZhangAofL

I do not think Unity Ever get to the point to provide an API for 3rd parties to extract their daily crash logs.

6. dgoyette

dgoyette

Is there any update on providing more data via intergrations? It's been quite a long time. Is this something you're still working on? Currently, this is the extent of what gets into my issue tracking system:

There doesn't seem to be much point to integrations, since I'm going to need to manually copy/paste any meaningful data out of the report into the issue, so I may as well just create the issue at that point.

In addition to just being able to get a lot more data into the body of the message, ideally I would use my issue tracking system to also keep a copy of the json of the issue. That is, currently I can "download report" to get JSON of the issue. For historic purposes, it would be nice to allow that file to be sent along as an attachment. Maybe with a size cap.

7. Battenberg-Software

Battenberg-Software

Any progress on this? The original request was from almost three years ago and it was said at the time that it was being actively worked on. To be able to get all crash metadata, including custom metadata (and even stack trace and logs if possible) would still be really useful for us.

8. tamas-b

tamas-b

+1 We would really benefit from being able to just get the raw report json automatically in our systems rather than just a link back to the Unity Dashboard.