Search Unity

WebGL vs. Chrome

Discussion in 'Web' started by eckerbr, Mar 16, 2018.

1. eckerbr

eckerbr

So I wrote a little game in Unity3d (version 3.6.4), and made a WebGL Build. It was fun learning all the hoops you had to jump through to get something that runs just fine on the Desktop to work in a browser. And by "fun" I mean "excruciating".

But I digress.

So, I finally got everything working... It works fine on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari - so I show it to my boss.

A little under 7 nanoseconds later, he's tells me that it won't load in his browser. He's using Chrome. But it still works just fine on mine. We're using the same versions of Chrome and Windows. The same app works OK for him on Firefox and Edge. So I've been banging my head all day trying to figure out why.

For fun I thought I'd find another browser that has the same issue that he has - where it won't load - and just let it run indefinitely to see if anything happened. I found one, and after about 5-6 minutes, the game loaded - but there is no lighting in the scene. Otherwise, it's the same.

Has anyone ever encountered this frustrating problem? If you did, did you fix it? If you did, how?

2. eckerbr

eckerbr

Bump....

Anyone?

3. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

any error in the browser log when it does not load?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  4. eckerbr

eckerbr

I get a bunch of these:

[.Offscreen-For-WebGL-000000000C7CD880]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_ENUM : GetTexParameteriv: <- error from previous GL command]