Search Unity

Question WebGL videoplayer not rendering (black frame) on 2020.2.2f1

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ploomstar, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Ploomstar

Ploomstar

Hello,

I have decided to make a forum post after searching and much trial & error. The issue I am experiencing is my WebGL project does not play videos in build but it does within the editor.

I am using Unity 2020.2.f1 and trying to make a simple app that plays videos to host on my Azure server. The videos are stored on my Dropbox and I have a direct URL within the videoplayer component to each video.

When I deploy my project to Azure (using Visual Studio 2017), the app loads but none of the videos work. The videos play within the editor, but when I deploy to Azure, all the videos are black. I have play/pause buttons and videos are set to autoplay, but these do not seem to help. Could the autoplay be interfering with the playback?

From my searching, it seems I may need to try downgrading to 2019.2.21f, which I am in the process of doing. If this does not work, are there any other potential issues that could be causing videos not to play/render black? I appreciate any response in advance.

EDIT: I don't think it is a codec issue. H.246 codec should work. Still figuring the issue out.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021