Search Unity

WebGL size

Discussion in 'Web' started by perlohmann, Jun 24, 2015.

1. perlohmann

perlohmann

Could people share anything about their web GL build sizes compressed/uncompressed?
    The first build we made under 5.0 (fastest build time) was like 260 mb uncompressed and 40 mb compressed.

There are a few things we dont really understand with that size as our scenes are very simple as everything is streamed in later on (the amount of assets used in the scene is mostly related to GUI.

I know that Unity has stated that the angry birds demo projects is now less that 10mb wuth the latest 5.1 release but what size is actual projects experiencing?

I am currently investigating if webgl is worth persuing and if we will ever get down to a size which is realistic for our very casual users to download.

2. Dantus

Dantus

You have to use the slowest build time to get an idea about the size. And at the moment, you should should always try to test it in the newest version, because they make considerable improvements with every release.

As mentioned, try the newest Unity version and slowest build time to get an idea.

3. perlohmann

perlohmann

Thank you Dantus, but not so helpful...
    I'm asking what size people are experiencing not how they get them. As your quote depicts then I am aware of the exact things you mention.

So what size WebGL builds are people experiencing (might make sense to add if your using simple/complex scenes)?

4. Dantus

Dantus

Sorry, I was confused because you placed some useless numbers and basically wanted to point that out.

5. Mal_Duffin

Mal_Duffin

6. perlohmann

perlohmann

Thank you crazyFolker that was actually helpful as it puts some perspective to our first test.