Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL Question...

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by davem250, Oct 30, 2014.

1. davem250

davem250

Hi all, i have been puzzling with the WebGL just now (for some reason i cannot get the Windows WebGL build to work but my Mac 10.10 build works fine with a lot of errors :p) but my question is:

Is it possible to use controller(s) with WebGL and if so, what are the standard buttons??? i cannot make the buttons for joystick button 0 / 1 / 6 or 7 to work (those are the one's i'm currently using) but however my left analogue stick works just fine :/ I do hope that WebGL at least if not already will soon support controller support :D It would be awesome ;)

Thanks for reading through :)

2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

Joystick/Gamepad controllers should work in WebGL for any browser which supports the HTML5 gamepad API (at least Chrome and Firefox). You can try the gamepad API here:

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/doodles/gamepad/gamepad-tester/tester.html

If your joystick buttons do not work in that web page, then it is probably a bug in the browser. If they work there, but not in Unity, then it is probably a bug for us.

3. davem250

davem250

Hi there Jonas,
    I have now tested the controller on the website and the controller works (apart from the directional buttons!) but i still cannot make the buttons work when building the game (the corresponding keyboard keys do work however!)
    Cheers,
    David.

4. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

Then you should probably file a bug for us to have a look.

5. davem250

davem250

Just file the bug report, but this bug reporting is extremely new to me so i don't know how or when i will receive an file number :/ i have never done this before as it has never been required... but anyways it has been filed :)
    Thank you Jonas ;)

Edit : the case # is : 644118

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014