Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Webgl project doent show at server

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by bginin2this, Apr 17, 2019.

1. bginin2this

bginin2this

Hello comunity !!

I have finished my first Webgl project in Unity, i have uploaded the content of the build directory to the server, also read some docs and info, but at my domains url nothing is shown, i have verified and index.html is there and also the 2 other folders with all the website content. When i run the index.html in Firefox it runs, but not in Chrome or others. Thank you !!! :)

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Not sure what you mean by nothing is shown, but you later say it works in firefox. If it works in firefox then something is certainly shown.

You should mention what specifically occurs on Chrome and others. Just that it does not run is not enough for anyone to help.

3. bginin2this

bginin2this

Yes, sorry if i righ click the index.html source file and say "Open with Firefox" then i can see the Webpage, only with Firefox, if i do the same with Google Chrome or other it throws a error, but in the servers url .com i cant see anything, sorry if my English is not perfect my main language is Spanish. I will look for the specific error and post it here. Thank you again

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Well the not working on your server issue is going to be unrelated to Unity. Probably some server configuration, or not copying the files to the correct location.

The browser specific problem could be a variety of reasons depending on the error. For example, you could be having memory allocation issues with a 32 bit chrome browser that you don't get on your firefox.

5. bginin2this

bginin2this

Hi Joe .-
    I have made a little debugging, and came back from btroli compression to gzip again, its curious now with gzip it runs in all my browsers :) Maybe it runs also at the server i will try that in the night. If that was the solution thank you for everything. Otherwise i will post here again tomorrow.

6. bginin2this

bginin2this

I dont understand well why, but now its running, thank you my friend and good day, I think the key is to make a lot of debugging.

Joe-Censored likes this.