Search Unity

WebGL potential framerate issues

Discussion in 'Web' started by CodeMonk3y, Jan 13, 2022.

1. CodeMonk3y

CodeMonk3y

Apologies if this has been asked before, if a thread has already been made for this please direct me there and I can close this thread.

I released a game on itch recently on both WebGL and Windows. It's a typing game so it relies heavily on the update() function for user input. The game runs perfectly on Windows, but every so often key input fails on WebGL.

Running the profiler I don't seem to be getting any spikes or memory leaks.
    I'm fairly new to releasing on WebGL so I'm curious if there are any settings I should be aware of to keep the framerate consistent between the browser and the WebGL player. I've even uploaded a version that removes all graphics/animations with only the functionality as a test but I still get key input issues.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you.

2. DannyWebbie

DannyWebbie

I would definitely give the new input system a shot. At least on some platforms the input backend has improved significantly, and I imagine improvements in some of the lower level engine parts have potential to significantly affect all platforms, even if no significant changes were made for browser platform implementation.