Search Unity

Question WebGL performance warnings

Discussion in 'Web' started by patrickk2, Feb 15, 2023.

1. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello everybody!

I am currently trying to get rid of some WebGL warnings in the console, but having a hard time finding resources concerning these messages:

1. "WebGL warning: clientWaitSync: ClientWaitSync must return TIMEOUT_EXPIRED until control has returned to the user agent's main loop." I cannot pin this message to any certain action that a script of mine takes, it does seem to appear more often shortly after the start of the client though.
    2. "Recreating Offscreen FBO (1920x891 => 1920x341)". This message appears reliably when I enter/exit fullscreen mode.

I am Using Unity 2021.3.11f1 to build the WebGL client.

Does anyone know more what could cause these warnings, and how to get rid of them? Any hints or input on these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Patrick

2. kaluga1

kaluga1

3. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello JoaoFlora!

Sorry for the late reply! No unfortunatelly I could not find a solution to get rid of the warnings. It seems at least the "Recreating Offscreen FBO" one is not really an issue, since it really only happens when toggling fullscreen.

The link you posted states that the warning can be ignored, I could not verify either way if it is responsible for my performance issues, so I am not sure if that is correct.

Best regards,
    Patrick