Search Unity

WebGL NullReferenceException with no stacktrace in Performance Reports

Discussion in 'Web' started by Dliix66, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello,

I have a project running on WebGL/iOS/Android (http://nitrodrift.io) and I have noticed a NullReferenceException that happened more than a million times with no stacktrace! Some other exceptions happened but I have a stacktrace for all of these. However, I have nothing about this huge bug.

Any ideas why ? How can I manage to get a stacktrace?

Please note that this bug only happens in WebGL, nobody has had this bug on the mobile platforms and I can't reproduce it, even in the editor.

Screenshot of my performance report page attached below.

Exception Message: NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    Attached stacktrace:
    ```Managed Stack Trace:

Native StackTrace:```

Thank you for your help!

Capture d’écran 2018-04-12 à 11.59.32.png

2. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello again,

Nobody has an idea of why is this happening ? Unity's support did not answer either...

3. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

There's a known issue with callstacks sometimes being null/empty, which seems to affect multiple IL2CPP platforms. It might be the same problem.

Has this only occurred once?

4. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello @Marco-Trivellato,

Unfortunately no, This keeps happening and now I have a NullReferenceException that happened almost 5 million times since in the past 14 days. Is there any fix I can try ? (new build options or whatever comes to you)

Thank you for looking into this !

Capture d’écran 2018-04-16 à 18.35.56.png