Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL NullReferenceException with no stacktrace in Performance Reports

Discussion in 'WebGL' started by Dliix66, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello,

I have a project running on WebGL/iOS/Android (http://nitrodrift.io) and I have noticed a NullReferenceException that happened more than a million times with no stacktrace! Some other exceptions happened but I have a stacktrace for all of these. However, I have nothing about this huge bug.

Any ideas why ? How can I manage to get a stacktrace?

Please note that this bug only happens in WebGL, nobody has had this bug on the mobile platforms and I can't reproduce it, even in the editor.

Screenshot of my performance report page attached below.

Exception Message: NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    Attached stacktrace:
    ```Managed Stack Trace:

Native StackTrace:```

Thank you for your help!

Capture d’écran 2018-04-12 à 11.59.32.png

2. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello again,

Nobody has an idea of why is this happening ? Unity's support did not answer either...

3. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

There's a known issue with callstacks sometimes being null/empty, which seems to affect multiple IL2CPP platforms. It might be the same problem.

Has this only occurred once?

4. Dliix66

Dliix66

Hello @Marco-Trivellato,

Unfortunately no, This keeps happening and now I have a NullReferenceException that happened almost 5 million times since in the past 14 days. Is there any fix I can try ? (new build options or whatever comes to you)

Thank you for looking into this !

Capture d’écran 2018-04-16 à 18.35.56.png