Search Unity

WebGl Not Working

Discussion in 'Web' started by tokra30, Mar 6, 2015.

1. 4fthawaiian

4fthawaiian

This. This is what worked. Thank you so much, kind stranger.

2. VonTala

VonTala

why webgl is such a bad platform????

it fails randomly, sometimes i get compilation errors.... sometimes successful with a black empty screen

3. HeatherK

HeatherK

Hello I'm still having this problem when hosting on Bluehost. I don't even have a .htcaccess file in my build folder. I'm using version 2019.2.9, so maybe that file type is no longer used in webgl? I'm using the webgl template from the app store for my build. It works fine locally, but just a gray screen when hosted on bluehost. I'm trying to test hosting it on amazon here soon. But I really need this to work. Anyone have any other ideas?

4. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

@HeatherK : reading through the thread history, in this thread people are discussing left and right on a lot of different hosting issues that they have had, so it is hard to grab onto any specifics when you write you're having "this problem".

It is expected that a .htaccess file does not exist. That file is an Apache web server specific configuration file that one can use if hosting using Apache web server that has .htaccess files based configuration enabled. If Bluehost is using Apache, and supports user-submitted .htaccess files, then providing a .htaccess file can help.

The presence of a .htaccess file is independent to any Unity build version, so it would apply (or not apply) equally independent of which Unity version the build was made with.

Would you be able to link to a failing build you have uploaded to Bluehost? (If you are not able to upload the real project, maybe just an empty project that reproduces the same failure?) Then maybe we could look at it live on how it misbehaves.