Search Unity

webGL not working at all on new iPad Pro

Discussion in 'Web' started by arumiat, Aug 24, 2018.

1. arumiat

arumiat

Just picked up a new iPad Pro and was surprised to find my webGL content not even loading at all. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari and same thing. Any advice on how to debug this?

2. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

You should be able to remote debug using a desktop version of the same browser. I am pretty sure it's possible with Firefox and Chrome. Check the developer tools.

3. kognito1

kognito1

On iOS all those "browsers" are just custom UIs over Safari. I suspect connecting it to the developer tools will just show the "Unhandled Promise Rejection" error with wasm.

4. arumiat

arumiat

It's weird as old projects built on 5.6 are laoding and working great, but the new projects being built with 2017.2 are not working. I am seeing this error in the console:

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

It makes sense that this may be the issue?

5. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

asm.js or WebAssembly? Have you tried any other version (2017/2018.x) ?

6. arumiat

arumiat

asm.js, - we haven't made the move to webassembly yet. No not yet, we're planning to investigate more soon. Will endeavour to keep thread updated.

7. arumiat

arumiat

Was actually an issue with our custom index.html file where the popup was appearing below our content