Search Unity

WebGL iOS cache problems

Discussion in 'Web' started by Fingar, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Fingar

Fingar

Hello guys!

I'm sure people have experienced this problem before, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

We are building a webGL game that's supposed to run on iOS. The game is running totally fine, untill it doesn't... On iOS it often gets stuck in the loading screen.

Right now we have to clear the browser cache to make it run again, and then its just a question about when we have to clear the cache again.

We have disabled 'Data caching' in Project Settings>Player>Publishing Settings.. But that doesn't seem to have any effect on this issue.

What is the problem here? And what do i do to fix it? ... or hack it?

We are currently building from Unity 2018.3.11f1 and it seems to only be an iOS problem.

2. AlexHell

AlexHell

this option only enables store big .data file to IndexedDB instead of browser cache (due to possible 50mib limit of browser cache per file)

I have not experienced this problem, but have experienced other loading problems of webgl on PC for example

as an idea you can receive user logs (if it's not reproducible on your ios) and store to you server, include browser console, and see any warn \ error, which break loading of the game