Search Unity

WebGL in UCB

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by sirrus, Sep 16, 2015.

1. sirrus

sirrus

Is there any timeframe for WebGL publishing via Unity Cloud Build?

At GDC 2015, I spoke with a rep (not naming names :)) from Unity Cloud Services whom I asked this same question to and was told "within weeks, not months". Obviously, we're past "months" at this point and it seems like the UCB system is not quite aligned with the larger platform goals of Unity since WebGL is replacing Webplayer quite rapidly.

Any sort of roadmap or estimate of WebGL compatibility would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. patrickc

patrickc

Unity Technologies

First off, sorry that we promised weeks-not-months. That probably was our intent at GDC. Our goal is to support as many platforms as possible in Cloud Build, and WebGL is a platform that we're committed to supporting eventually. I don't have a more specific date than that right now.

If you have specific ideas/needs for features, feel free to share them here on the forum, or post them to the Feedback site in the Cloud Build section: http://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/unity/suggestions?category=cloud-build

Cheers,
    Patrick

Skyblade likes this.
  3. sirrus

sirrus

OK. Thanks for the prompt response, Patrick.

Very much looking forward to the day when we can offload WebGL builds to the cloud!