Search Unity

WebGL Freezes when opened in the Browser

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MadManPockets, Mar 30, 2018.

1. MadManPockets

MadManPockets

We have a game posted on itch.io currently here: https://madmanpockets.itch.io/deepspacederbydemo

The problem we're having is that you can play the game for only about 30 seconds, and then the whole system freezes. It not only freezes the game window, but also the browser tab all together. This has happened in both Chrome and Edge.

This problem doesn't occur in a PC build nor in the Unity Game window, and I can't find any errors causing the freeze in the Unity Console.

I'm not sure how to inspect the Chrome browser console and identify the problem, when I've had it open during the crash I didn't see any new or critical errors appear.

Would someone be able to help me make sense of this?

2. MadManPockets

MadManPockets

Code (JavaScript):
    1.         printErr: function (message) { console.error(message); },
    I get 2 error messages in the Chrome console with this line:
    1. "run() called, but dependencies remain, so not running
      printErr @ UnityLoader.js:264"

2. "pre-main prep time: 208 ms
      printErr @ UnityLoader.js:264"
    These messages appear when the page is first loaded, not when the freeze occurs. I checked an older, working version of the game in Chrome and these errors weren't there at all, so my suspicion is that the problem lies somewhere within these errors, but I'm at a lost to what they mean.

3. meetpatel

meetpatel

Hi, have you solved that problem? I'm getting the same error while trying to load the index.html file in chrome. The whole process stops at the end of loading (around 95%). I'm using Unity 2018.1.8f1.

4. AlexHell

AlexHell

"run() called, but dependencies remain, so not running" is not the real error, we also have this error and our build is not crashes with it.. your reason of crash is enything else, may be outOfMemory