Search Unity

webgl failed to build my project

Discussion in 'Web' started by krisss666, Feb 19, 2019.

1. krisss666

krisss666

Hello i'm using 2018.3.2f1 personal
    i used to build prototype of my project (unity 2D) with unity 2017 without any problem
    Now i can build an empty project but not mine anymore.. maybe there are scripts or something making an error..
    I try to build in asset folder (unity don't want), in a folder at the root of the project (D:\Unity\UsineWeb\ ) and another time outside the folder c:\my project. all tests with only 1 result : folder empty and this message
    Unity console :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. FileNotFoundException: D:\Unity\UsineWeb\Temp\StagingArea\Data\linkresult_wasm\build.wasm does not exist
    2. System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    3. System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    4. UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.AssembleOutput (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:665)
    5. UnityEditor.WebGL.WebGlBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WebGL/Extensions/Unity.WebGL.extensions/BuildPostprocessor.cs:956)
    6. UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Modules/DefaultBuildPostprocessor.cs:27)
    7. UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:286)
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build completed with a result of 'Succeeded'
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    So pls take a look at my log and tell me how i can fix this problem..
    thanks by advance

Attached Files:

2. krisss666

krisss666

there isn't a unity's member to enlight me and help me make webgl run again with 2018 unity ?! :(

I make a test by using the assets from unity 2018 version with webgl not working and import all in a new 2017 instance: all prefab are missing, all stages are in a mess BUT i can create a webgl build and play it ! So... I ether start from scratch a unity 2017 version of my game... or waiting for a kindly answer from unity's members to move forward !

As i said, i can build with webgl an empty new project with 2018 version.. so it seams it's a problem with one or more scripts i'm using !
    I uploaded the log in my first post.

Thanks by advance for your help

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. krisss666

krisss666

there isn't any unity's members or forum members knowing this problem with a solution?

4. Legion5slov

Legion5slov

I have the same problem 1: 1. Please write, how did you overcome it?

5. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Try going through the Editor log window in detail, I think there should be an earlier build error hidden in one of the error messages, which causes the build to fail, and then result in another error about the build.wasm not being present?

6. Legion5slov

Legion5slov

Done!
    Simply, reinstall Win10.