Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL emscipten permission denied errors

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by OsirisNetwork, Jun 22, 2021.

1. OsirisNetwork

OsirisNetwork

in WebGL builds we get emscipten permission denied errors, please fix it

caglarenes and dlorddd like this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @OsirisNetwork,

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue, ideally with a reproducible attached?

3. alexmartinio

alexmartinio

I have submitted a bug report (Case 1345412) - will update once it has been confirmed.

4. alexmartinio

alexmartinio

@LeonhardP, I've not had any response since submitting the bug report. How long does it normally take?

5. Johannski

Johannski

When building for WebGL I get the following errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Building C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten-wrapper-2.0.19.bat failed with output:
    2. Error opening for writing the file: C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\emscripten-wrapper-2.0.19.bat, error: Permission denied
    3. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    5. Building C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\.emscripten failed with output:
    6. Error opening for writing the file: C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten\.emscripten, error: Permission denied
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    I took a look at the path C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten and there is no file emscripten-wrapper-2.0.19.bat in there, which I guess is the problem. I hadn't had this problem with 2021.2.0a19, so I guess this problem came with the new beta. Does anyone else experience this problem? Couldn't find anything in the forum so far.

Edit: I also tried reinstalling the version and treid building an empty and a small project. For both I got the same error.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  6. alexmartinio

alexmartinio

Johannski likes this.
  7. Johannski

Johannski

Thanks a lot, the quickfix does work for me! For everyone wanting to use it as well:
    Change the properties of the folder C:\Program Files\Unity\2021.2.0b1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten and allow your user to modify the folder as seen in the screenshot:
    upload_2021-6-28_14-36-5.png

dlorddd likes this.
  8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the bug report @alexmartinio. We will look into it. Processing can take a couple of weeks.

9. Linkupdated

Linkupdated

Same here, I have to start Unity Hub as administrator in order for it to build on webgl

10. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

LeonhardP and Linkupdated like this.
  11. alexmartinio

alexmartinio

I have had a response but have been asked to try it in 2021.1.0a1.

@LeonhardP - any idea if this version available anywhere?

12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The initial suspicion was that the issue could be the same as https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1336902 but that turned out to be wrong. No need for you to try to reproduce it on an older build. I hear that we have a new lead on this so you should hear back from QA soon.

13. alexmartinio

alexmartinio

LeonhardP likes this.