Search Unity

Question Webgl + dots, jobs, async

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by alen83310, May 29, 2023.

1. alen83310

alen83310

Hi, I was trying to build my game as webgl and upload it to itch.io, game thrown exception during runtime (I can post here stacktrace if it is relevant).
    I was searching here on forum if webgl is supported for dots or not and I get little bit confused. If I get it correctly, currently there is a bug, which do not allow to run dots game as webgl, but soon it should be fixed. I suppose that not all functionalities will still work, if I get it correctly, burst, multithreading and graphics should not work? If so, do you know anything about future support for this? Will it be even possible to implement for webgl?
    Thanks for answering me

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you mean ECS?
    DOTS is an umbrella term for multiple technologies.
    And posting the error is helpful yes

From a quick google search I see that Burst is not supported, and ECS might have a bug ( https://forum.unity.com/threads/webgl-and-dots.1417806/). You can follow that thread and check the ECS changelog for bug fixes

3. boyaregames

boyaregames

com.unity.entities.graphics Not working in subscenes
    For that use something like Graphics.DrawMesh
    Also check if your ISystem has only unmanaged data (i got errors in build with ISystem with managed data But in editor it worked fine)
    There is also problems with Linkin animator to entity, i had to for some reason place GameObject in Mono Scene with my prefab and make it disable while having same prefab in entity world (need some research on this topic)
    Stacktrace of your exceptions would be good