Search Unity

WebGL compile fail Unity 5.6

Discussion in 'Web' started by zharko, Jun 9, 2017.

1. zharko

zharko

Hello

I am running Unity 5.6 on Win 7 trying to compile to WebGL (compile to Android goes smoothly)
    I receive an error webgl build failed, and I cannot locate anything meaningful on the error in the Editor.log.
    No solution that I found around the forum worked for me :-(

attached are full Editor.log compressed with .rar, and only last part compressed in zip

please help?
    any suggestion appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

3. zharko

zharko

I submitted bug report but I think something went wrong with the report... The number I got is 919339, but the upload finished way too fast, I will try to reupload shortly
    thanks for the prompt reply!

4. zharko

zharko

Found the problem... there was not enough disk space, sorry for spamming the forum :) I just didn't have clue what was going wrong. I don't extensively use the partition where the project is located hence this possibility slipped my attention.

Maybe it would be useful to throw this or similar errors explicitly? I suspected everything else but this...

How do I revoke the bug report??

5. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

you can't revoke it, I will close it for you. Please try reporting the issue again after making some more disk space please?
    and can you be a star reporting the reporting issue too after a failed attempt so we might get the log files?
    Thanks!

6. zharko

zharko

Hello Schubkraft
    After making some more disk space the compile works smoothly now, that was the issue indeed.

I'm not sure I understand you what to do, can you please give me more explicit instructions? then I will do it.

I have attached Editor.log and Editor-prev.log (rar compressed) for your reference

Attached Files:

7. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

OK, then I misunderstood the issue. So after making more disk space available the WebGL build works for you?
    Where was the space missing? At the project location? At the Unity installation? At your TEMP folder?

8. zharko

zharko

Yes, after making more disk space available WebGL build works just fine.
    The space was missing where the project is located and the TEMP folder is part of it (at least in my case, not sure if it's possible to change that :) ), not the Unity installation which in my case is on another partition and has plenty of free space (300+ GB).

After making more free disk space on the project location build works completely fine, and faster as well which is to be expected I guess...