Search Unity

WebGL Builds Unstabble

Discussion in 'Web' started by tiggaxxx, Jul 9, 2021.

1. tiggaxxx

tiggaxxx

Hello,

I have updated my working computer from a 2011 Mac to a Ryzen 7 Windows, in hope of having better building times.. and the only thing i got is being stuck forever while making webGL builds.

It's incredibly unstabble, sometimes i can make a build in 4 minutes, others in 10, others don't even finish.

When it gets stuck, usually is in stripping code, or building native binary with IL2CPP.. and then i go to investigate on task manager and find out that the processes are dead, and stay dead forever... as you can see bellow..

It's starting to annoy me a lot, because i have to force unity to exit and repeat the process until it goes right. And the worst is i don't have any error or log to analise what might be causing this issue...

This has happened in 2021.1.13f1 and 2020.3.12f1, Gamma Color Space...
    What changed is that on the MAC i didn't have the project synced with collab (i had collab, just not synced), and when i changed computers i updated everything and synced my files with collab.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Is this Windows computer running BitDefender anti-virus? We have recently found that BitDefender does not play nicely with il2cpp.exe and can make it hang during some file I/O operations.

tiggaxxx likes this.
  3. tiggaxxx

tiggaxxx

Yes it is.. I will try to exit the antivirus and build.

4. tiggaxxx

tiggaxxx

So far seems to have solved the problem! Thank you!

JoshPeterson likes this.