Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug WebGL Build is crashing on Safari with M1 Cpu device when playing simple Particle System

Discussion in 'Web' started by MusoAga, Jan 17, 2022.

1. MusoAga

MusoAga

I have created a WebGL Build on Windows or also Macbook (gzip and uncompressed) with Unity Version 2021.2.7f1 and 2021.2.1f1. Scene only had one simple default particle system running with emission rate and rendering. Nothing else. So, when I start the build on a macbook with M1 CPU on Safari, after few seconds the safari browser will crash, with this Error:

RuntimeError: Out of bounds memory access...

Error did not appear when creating a build with 2020.3.8f1

I have already created a bug report almost two weeks ago. Anyone has an idea about this?

I have tested with Safari 15.1.
    On Firefox or Chrome is everything fine on the m1 macbook.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    matt_cauldron likes this.
  2. MusoAga

MusoAga

I have created a detailed bug report and described the issue here also detailed.

But there is no reaction at all from unity? It is even possible to reproduce this issue in an empty project.

3. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

One trick to get more traction from Unity devs who monitor this forum is to post the Case # alongside your forum post.

4. MusoAga

MusoAga

Thanks.

The case number is 1392554

5. rkrevolution

rkrevolution

I am also encountering this exact issue, tested to work fine on chrome, firefox and edge, only happening on safari. Even as few as one particle system component is activated in the scene will cause the game to crash after some random amount of time.

6. rmgomez

rmgomez

We are having the same issue. Here is the stack trace in plain text for future searches:

An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
    RuntimeError: Out of bounds memory access (evaluating 'asm[name].apply(null, arguments)')
    <?>.wasm-function[AnimationCurveTpl<float>::Evaluate(float, AnimationCurveTpl<float>::Cache*) const]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[EvaluateSlow(MinMaxCurve const&, math::_float4 const&, math::_float4 const&)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[Evaluate(MinMaxCurve const&, math::_float4 const&, math::_float4 const&)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ParticleSystem::UpdateModulesPreSimulationIncremental(ParticleSystemUpdateData const&, ParticleSystemParticles&, unsigned long, unsigned long, math::_float4 const&, bool)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ParticleSystem::Update1b(ParticleSystemUpdateData&, int)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ParticleSystem::UpdateFunction(ParticleSystemUpdateData*)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ParticleSystem::BeginUpdateAll()]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ParticleSystem::InitializeClass()::PreLateUpdateParticleSystemBeginUpdateAllRegistrator::Forward()]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ExecutePlayerLoop(NativePlayerLoopSystem*)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[ExecutePlayerLoop(NativePlayerLoopSystem*)]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[MainLoop()]@[wasm code]
    <?>.wasm-function[dynCall_v]@[wasm code]
    wasm-stub@[wasm code]

7. IModZombies4Fun

IModZombies4Fun

Bumping this thread as it’s still affecting me on 2022.1.23f1

8. ShbaitaAlef

ShbaitaAlef

Bumping this thread as it’s still affecting me on 2020.3.46f1

9. unityruba

unityruba

Unity Technologies

I looked into the bug report and found that it was closed after the user updated to Safari 15.5 and that fixed the issue. What version of Safari are people on this thread on?