Search Unity

WebgL build error with linker with b8

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by tolosaoldfan, Aug 30, 2017.

1. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

we upgraded into 2017.2.b8.
    The editor version is working well.
    When we build, we got this error :

Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe --api=NET_2_0 -out="/Users/laurenttournier/Documents/Unity/Demo0/player3dFoot/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/tempStrip" -l=none -c=link --link-symbols -x="/Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/Whitelists/Core.xml" -f="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/LinkerDescriptors" -x "/Users/laurenttournier/Documents/Unity/Demo0/player3dFoot/Temp/StagingArea/Data/methods_pointedto_by_uievents.xml" -x "/Users/laurenttournier/Documents/Unity/Demo0/player3dFoot/Temp/StagingArea/Data/UnityEngine.xml" -x "/Users/laurenttournier/Documents/Unity/Demo0/player3dFoot/Temp/StagingArea/Data/preserved_derived_types.xml" -d "/Users/laurenttournier/Documents/Unity/Demo0/player3dFoot/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed" -a "/U

and later :
    stdout:
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Cecil.ResolutionException: Failed to resolve UnityEngine.Mesh

at UnityLinker.AddUnresolvedStubsStep.Process () [0x000b2] in <45d6c350b6254bd09f03f35ad7e3bea6>:0

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I think that we have seen this before. See the discussion here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/u...exe-did-not-run-properly.485006/#post-3177141

It might indicate that some assemblies in the project where not correctly updated by the API updater.

If you have assemblies that were built outside of Unity against a different version of Unity, please try to build them against 2017.2b8, to see if the error goes away. If so, then we have a bug somewhere in the API updater process that we need to track down, because this should work automatically.

3. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

Yes, it's the same.
    Sorry, I don't understand the meaning of "build them against 2017x". What does "against" mean exactly ?
    I don't have the sources for at least two Dlls. What am I suppose to do ? The migration process has been worked since Unity2.x...
    I can send you 2-3 Dlls that appear in the log error. I deleted them, and try to rebuild, but I also have seen an Unity Dll (the name ended by UI.dll I think, sorry I cannot retrieve it, I have deleted the beta version because I need space on my disk, and I have to be back to 5.6 and produce urgently a version for a customer).

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I should have been clear. By "against", I meant build the assemblies in your from source referencing the Unity assemblies from 2017.2b8.

But, if you don't have the source code for those assemblies, that won't work! For the assemblies where you don't have the source code (or any assemblies in the project, actually), you can find them in the project explorer, right click on the assembly, and choose the "Reimport" option. This will cause the API updater to run again for that assembly, and it might correct the problem.

5. tolosaoldfan

tolosaoldfan

I just downloaded the beta9, and it works !
    I also have reimport two dlls, and modified the the rights in the Mac Finder with "rw" for everyone before. I don't know if the modification of the rights+reimport has been solved the build issue, or if it's the beta9 version..

JoshPeterson likes this.
unityunity