Search Unity

WebGL build doesn't build? (This build was automatically canceled by the Cloud Build service)

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by dave_e3ct, Mar 14, 2017.

1. dave_e3ct

dave_e3ct

On my cloud build project the WebGL version doesn't build - it says the build was cancelled ("This build was automatically canceled by the Cloud Build service") and to contact support. As I'm on a personal license (bootstrapping startup), support says I can't open a ticket.

The odd thing is it says both "Build was canceled" and "publishing finished successfully." but I'm assuming the former as there appears to be nowhere to download the build.

Anyone had a similar issue? With maybe a solution?

Thanks
    Dave

Build: Unity Cloud, WebGL, set to use latest versions of everything (not beta)

Here are the last few lines of the log...

47473: [Unity] Invoking il2cpp with arguments: --convert-to-cpp --compile-cpp --libil2cpp-static --platform="WebGL" --architecture="EmscriptenJavaScript" --configuration="Release" <... huge line of parameters snipped out>
    47474: Build was canceled
    47475: /BUILD_PATH/.mason/buildpacks/unity/bin/../libs/functions.sh: line 13: 3273 Terminated: 15 "${unity_args[@]}"
    47476: ! build of 'aml-full-webgl' failed. SIGTERM
    47477: Publishing build 5 of e3ct/e3ct for target 'aml-full-webgl'...
    47478: publishing finished successfully.
    47479: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    47480: Finished: CANCELED
    47481: ********************************************************************************
    47482: This build was automatically canceled by the Cloud Build service. This usually
    47483: happens when log output stops for an extended period of time. If you suspect
    47484: this is due to a problem with the Cloud Build service, please contact support.
    47485: https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/support/
    47486: ********************************************************************************

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello,

I've started a clean build of your WebGL just so I can get a clearer idea of what's happening.

When builds are automatically canceled, it is often because there is a step in the process that is taking so long that it causes Cloud Build to think it has frozen. Can you think of anything like this that could be affecting your project?

- Sophia

3. dave_e3ct

dave_e3ct

Just back in the office - can't think of anything at all.
    It seems to stall on the linker (last line is 47553: [Unity] Invoking il2cpp with arguments...)
    Have you spotted anything from the log?
    Thanks,
    Dave

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This seems a bit odd. Can you build this project locally? Does the same long delay happen there?

5. dave_e3ct

dave_e3ct

Good question - let me try it locally, haven't built it for a while, was trying to get the cloud version compiling.