Search Unity

WebGL and WebVR

Discussion in 'Web' started by MaT227, Mar 8, 2016.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Having worked hard at A-Frame for another week, I realize now my first impressions were understated. A-Frame code is awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I tried the demo on my Oculus Go again, and it did load. (In experimenting with A-Frame I sometimes ran into the infinite-black-loading-screen issue there too; reloading the page and trying again usually fixes it.)

Unfortunately the tracking is pretty awful. As I move my head, the world jitters and jumps around. @whoyee, have you seen this? Any idea what's going wrong there?

Also, wishful thinking here, how would we go about getting the controller inputs?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for posting this, Denis. I have been playing around with the same Mozilla assets which I got directly from their git repository, but I am having severe tracking issues on the OculusGo with even the simplest scenes. I feel like your roller coaster demo has somewhat better results. Did you modify any of Mozilla's code or their webvr.js templates to improve your performance?

3. jackerlo

jackerlo

I see in build folder with webvr, it doesn't give out a html file,please give some context on how to get the already build folder to run in browser, and further if -how to put it on web/host it?

The only way I've been testing it currently is with option 'build and run' in unity which automatically launches mozilla after build.

thanks,
    sz // Ω

4. PSingh96

PSingh96

I have been working on a WebVR project for a while and i'm unable to make it work on iOS device. No browser is supporting WebVR on iPhones. Please, any expert put some positive light on this issue asap.