Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL and Skin Mesh Renderer

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by housed, Mar 28, 2020.

1. housed

housed

I've got an object with a Skin Mesh Renderer. It doesn't seem to render in WebGL (Wasm).

I have another object with just a Mesh Renderer and similar Material, and it does render.

I was wondering if there's just no support for Skin Mesh Renderer with Tiny, or do I need to look more closely at my configurations?

This is using Tiny 0.22.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi
    we currently don't support skinned meshes
    we have it in our road map so stay tuned for the upcoming releases

3. kaleem46

kaleem46

Will the Webgl build from Tiny be able to run on safari (iphone), right now our Unity 2D webgl builds are making so many issues while trying to run it on iphone safari, is there any fix to play webgl build on safari. I am really desperate here.

4. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @kaleem46 ,
    Tiny builds to wasm and asmJS. These two works on Safari for iOS, as long as the iOS device meets the minimum requirement we have set.

As for your current Unity 2D WebGL builds, how are you building these, and what issues are you running into? This would be very interesting for us to look at, so we can improve the experience.

5. Thaina

Thaina

By the word "currently don't support" what does that means and would happen?

It seem like the model itself will be disappeared, become invisible in the webgl (while it still visible in the editor play mode). So it seem very confusing

Is it a default behaviour in Tiny that any renderer that contain any unsupported component will disappeared from the scene? I was tested with custom material and skinned mesh. If any renderer contain just one of those then it will just disappear from the scene