Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

WebGL and ECS

Discussion in 'Entity Component System and C# Job system' started by De-Panther, Dec 4, 2018.

1. De-Panther

De-Panther

Should it work?
    Tried the Samples Project ( https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples ) Using 2018.3.0b7.

I tried the Boid Example.
    In the editor, the fish boid won't instantiate when the platform is WebGL.
    In the browser, the fish are instantiated, but I get errors regarding JobTempAlloc every frame.

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
    To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

Is it like this in every version of the Unity Editor or the ECS packages? Or is there a combination that does work?

Thanks

Antypodish likes this.
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I wouldn't be surprised, if ECS is not yet complaint with WebGL.
    Unless someone confirms as such, I think we may still need to wait.
    Or maybe there is simple fix already?