Search Unity

WebGL and compressed AssetBundles

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by jhangstoerfer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. jhangstoerfer

jhangstoerfer

I've been giving the SpaceShooter demo a try using 2018.2.0f2 and ran into some issues when trying to deploy it to WebGL. All the asset bundles seem to be compressed, which is not supported on WebGL. I get errors regardless if they are stored in streaming assets or get downloaded from my remote server:
    Decompressing this format (1) is not supported on this platform.
    I've uploaded the console log here: https://pastebin.com/sHx9j0c1.
    localhost:35424 is my server hosting the bundles and localhost:51889 is the unity local server hosting the WebGL build.

Is there a way to turn off compression for these asset bundles? There is a setting in the AddressableAssetSettings for compression but it doesn't seem to affect it when I turn it off.

2. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Hi, there is a known bug (fixed in next release) that is preventing the compression setting from having any effect on the builds. Once that is fixed, WebGL should work - I'll make a point to get that into our test plan for the future.

liortal and jhangstoerfer like this.
  3. jhangstoerfer

jhangstoerfer

That's good to know, thanks. Is there a ETA for the next version?

4. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Today or early next week. We are currently aiming for weekly updates.

5. liortal

liortal

next release of the package, or of Unity ?

6. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I guess the early next week didn't work out since it is almost end of the week :p
    But waiting patiently helps, I appreciate the effort they are making to improve the content delivery system.
    Addressables and nested prefabs are my most wanted features, just wish the 2018 release wasn't so buggy here and there. Keeping on reporting bugs but slow QA takes their time to actually pick it up.

looking forward to an actual version 1.0.0