Search Unity

WebCamTexture as Background? (In Unity 5.5)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Asta_D, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Asta_D

Asta_D

Hello

I applied a texture to an rawImage, and want to use it as background for some 3D-Objects. I thought about using diffrent layers for the background and the rest of the scene an render it with to diffrent cameras, culling masks, clear Flags and depth. But that didn't work as expected. I tried something similar with the gui in 4.3? (not sure about the version) and it worked. Bt know it even dosen't work with a texture or a simple solid color at the raw image.
    So how can i can i apply a texture (or a simple image) as background vor my 3D-scene? But i a way, that it is indepandent of the size of the 3D-objects, that means, without using a simple plane as background ?

Thanks and kind regards.
    Asta

2. JC_SummitTech

JC_SummitTech

I'm sorry but it is very difficult to understand what you are saying. I also don't read anything related to a webcam texture except in the title. Could you rephrase in a clear and concise way, or maybe add a picture if it might help?

If what you need is to have a camera's render to appear somewhere, you will want to use a RenderTexture. I'm afraid I can't help much more tan that without properly understanding your issue.