Search Unity

Question Webcam

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by azerty25, Nov 19, 2020.

1. azerty25

azerty25

Hello,
    I am creating a 3d game and just added a webcam. I managed to have it posted on a "quad" in front of each player but I don't know how to get everyone to see each other's webcams. For the moment each player sees his webcam and the others move but instead of where the webcam should be displayed he only sees a gray area. How should I do to network the display of this wecam?
    Thank you in advance.
    Here is a screenshot (on the right the webcam of the local player and on the left the player on another computer)

2. azerty25

azerty25

HEY ????

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You haven't given hardly any information to go on. You'll somehow need to capture the webcam data and stream it to all the other clients, then present it. You haven't mentioned what networking API you are using, what networking topology, etc, but I am not aware of any existing networking API having this feature built in. So most likely you'll need to investigate and write it all yourself unfortunately. I don't think creating Zoom meetings in Unity is a common use case, so you're probably not going to luck out on someone who has already done it stumbling on your thread (though that would be ideal, just don't bet on it).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020