Search Unity

Webcam not showing in headset

Discussion in 'VR' started by cyenketswamy, Oct 13, 2019.

1. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

Hi

I am trying to stream the video from my telescope to my Mixed Reality headset. I am only picking up the signal of the integrated Webcam on the laptop. The second Webcam is a Microsoft HD cam which displays video in the Camera app in windows 10 if I toggle the camera input from the integrated to external. For some reason Unity doesn't detect the external Webcam. I've tried changing the device index from 0 to 1. The lower index is for the integrated Webcam. wctexture = new WebCamTexture(devices[1].name);

2. timke

timke

Hey, so this sounds like a bug, but I have a few questions to try an narrow down the problem:
    • Does Unity enumerate (list) the external webcam in the 'devices' list and WebCamTexture just doesn't work, or is the external webcam isn't included in the devices list at all?
    • What's the specific make/model of the external webcam?
    • Are you building a WindowsStandalone or UWP app?
    • What version of Unity are you using?
    We've had cases in the past were specific webcams didn't work because either the driver was passing in weird camera attributes that Unity didn't handle properly or the camera defaulted to an unsupported video mode.

Finally a couple other things to check and verify the problem isn't something else:
    • Does the external webcam work in a non-MixedReality app?
    • If you disable the integrated webcam, does the external one work then?